Frequently Asked Questions
QUESTION ABOUT CLUBS/SOCIETIES:
- How can I join a Club/Society?
You can join a Club/Society through the STARS-SRS system.
- How many Clubs/Societies am I allowed to join?
You can join as many Clubs/Societies as you want. However, we recommend that you make sure that Club/Society activities do not interfere with your normal student work.
- Can I terminate my Club/Society membership?
You can unsubscribe from a Club/Society membership at any time through STARS-SRS.
- How can I be a candidate for a Club/Society’s executive board?
You can run for an executive board position in the elections held at the Club/Society General Assembly. However, some Clubs/Societies may have defined Active Membership and imposed certain conditions for candidates for the Executive Board. You can request the Bylaws from the Club/Society for review.
- As a Club/Society member, do I have the right to vote in General Assembly meetings and elections?
All members registered to a Club/Society have the right to participate in the General Assemblies, to vote in the deliberations and elections to be held.
- Can I take part in the Executive Board or be the president of more than one Club/Society?
There is no limit to the number of Clubs/Societies that you will take part in the management or be the president of.
- Will a disciplinary action affect my Club/Society membership?
Your Club/Society membership will also be suspended during your suspension period in accordance with the YÖK Disciplinary Regulations.
- Will a disciplinary action affect my candidacy or my position on the Club/Society Executive Board?
Any disciplinary action taken in accordance with the YÖK Disciplinary Regulations will not only prevent you from being a candidate for the Club/Society Executive Board, but will also cause you to be dismissed from that position if you have a duty.
- Does my success in the courses have any effect on my being a candidate for a Club/Society Executive Board?
As of the beginning of the semester you will apply for candidacy, your Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) must be at least 2.00.
- How can I access the Bilkent University Student Clubs and Societies Directive?
The Directive can be accessed here. (An English version of the Directive will be available soon.)
- How to organize a Club/Society activity?
Clubs/Societies are required to fill out an “Activity Approval Form” for the event they want to organize.
- How can I be informed about the events organized by Clubs/Societies?
You can follow the Calendar of Activities for this.
- I want to start a new Club/Society. How should I proceed?
In order to establish a new Club/Society, you must apply according to the calendar to be announced towards the end of the academic year. To apply to form a new Club/Society, a minimum of 10 founding students is required. The application is made by filling out the “Form for the Establishment of a New Club/Society“.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SOCIAL AWARENESS PROJECTS:
- How can I volunteer in Social Awareness Projects?
In order to take part in Social Awareness Projects (SAP), you must first complete your subscription to the relevant SAP Project through STARS-SRS. However, in order for your membership to be finalized, you must attend the volunteer recruitment meetings organized by the relevant SAP Project at the beginning of the academic year. You can get information about active SAP Projects here.
- What is the way to launch a new project within the scope of Social Awareness Projects?
You should share your idea of starting a new project with the SAP General Coordinators.
- Are there outlets where I can send materials such as unused clothes, books, etc.?
You must follow the announcements for your donations. However, books can be donated to the Student Activities Center throughout the year.
- I have a discipline sanction. How can I get it off the record?
In order for your disciplinary sanction to be removed, you must volunteer for a certain period of time in Social Awareness Projects. For this purpose, we recommend that you review the Senate Decision on the subject and then apply to the Student Activities Center. (An English version of the decision will be available soon.)
- What should I do after completing the required working time in Social Awareness Projects?
At that point you should let your department secretary know that you have done the required volunteer work and would like to proceed with getting your sanction deleted from the record.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CENTER FOR STUDENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS:
- What kind of support is provided by this Center?
Visit this page to find the answer to this question.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE STUDENT COUNCIL:
- When are the Student Council elections held?
Elections for Department Representatives, Faculty Representatives and Student Council are organized by the Dean of Students’ Office according to the calendar announced by the Council of Higher Education (YÖK). Students are informed about elections by e-mail through BAIS.
- How can I access the Student Council Directive?
You can access the directive here. (An English version of the Directive will be available soon.)
- Where can I find the relevant Council of Higher Education (YÖK) regulation?
You can reach the Regulation on Higher Education Institutions Student Councils and the Regulation on the National Student Council of Higher Education Institutions here. (This document was published in the Turkish Official Gazette on June 20, 2020 and is in Turkish. If you have any questions, please contact the Student Activities Center.)
QUESTIONS ABOUT RADIO BİLKENT:
- I want to work at Radio Bilkent. How can I apply?
We recommend that you keep an eye out for Radio Bilkent’s announcements concerning its recruitment periods, which are made via BAIS email, the University newspaper Bilkent News and the station’s social media accounts.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SPRING FEST:
- When is the Spring Festival organized?
The Spring Festival is held on a Friday and a Saturday at the end of April or the beginning of May. The festival, which could not be held in 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic. Now, with the decrease in the number of COVID-19 cases, it has been decided to resume holding the festival. This year’s Spring Fest will take place on Saturday, May 7, 2022 on the grass field on Main Campus. Please, follow the link for more information.
For your other questions, send a message to email@example.com .