The Bilkent Computer Center (BCC) provides and coordinates some of the software licenses used by departments and units. Please note that these licenses are departmental licenses; not personal licenses. Some campus wide licenses are available for faculty and staff, provided that they are on Bilkent network when they need to use the software ( see http://web3.bilkent.edu.tr/vpn for details).
Microsoft provides some free web based Office application licenses for students and faculty. Downloadable/installable Microsoft Office software licenses are not available to staff or students.
Currently BCC manages the following software licenses:
- EViews – (Econometric analysis, forecasting & simulation tool, 100 concurrent users, can only be used in the BCC Labs)
- Simulink & Matlab (Numerical computation and 4th generation programmşing language, with around 50 additional “toolbox”es) (faculty and students can get their licenses here.)
- Minitab (Statistical tool, 55 concurrent users, can only be used in the BCC Labs)
- SPSS Ver.19 (Statistical tool, 100 concurrent users, can only be used in the BCC Labs)
- Stata (Statistical tool, 40 concurrent users, can only be used in the BCC Labs)
- Treeage (Decision trees,advanced modelling tool, can only be used in the BCC Labs sınırlıdır)
If you need one of the above licenses, please contact BCC through the e-mail address: hotline@bilkent….
Software licenses managed by departments or units are:
- XpressMP (Linear programming)
- Solidworks (3D CAD and modelling tool, Please contact Dr. Şakir Baytaroğlu (sakir.baytaroglu@bilkent Phone: x3067 ) of the Mechnanical Eng. Dept.)
Licenses for Microsoft products must be purchased through the Procurement Office using the department’s of project’s budget (only for departmental use; not for personal use of staff and/or students).