In cooperation with the Goodfellas Orchestra and the Department of Theatre, Bilkent Theatre Department Students, Opera Singing Students, Undergraduate and Graduate Stuents from other Faculties will present songs from American Musicals on May 20, 2016.
PHIL RENO, Conductor
JASON HALE , Director
BAŞAK ZENGİN KAYABINAR, Music Director
LAURA BUTLER RIVERA – DANIEL IRIZARRY – DENİZ ATLI , Choreography
Auditions will be held in two different parts:
A- SINGING AUDITIONS
B – DANCE AUDITIONS
A – SINGING AUDITIONS
The casting notice is for principal and chorus roles.
1) All applicants will be required to perform two songs. One compulsory and one of their own choice . Compulsory Songs can be chosen from the A or B or C List.
2) Applicants must bring a copy of their own choice song during the audition registration.
3) The Scores of the Compulsory Songs will be send via e-mail after the registration. Compulsory Songs should be performed exactly in the key of the scores that will be sent. Transposition into a different key will not be accepted.
4) An accompanist will be provided but applicants may bring their own pianist.
5) All selections must be performed in memory.
6) Please bring along song sheets.
Pre-eliminations for Bilkent undergraduate and graduate students: November 16-17
Final Eleminations: November 23
Place: Bilkent Concert Hall Time: 17.30-22.30 Reservation: See Zehra Cinel to schedule time. (Deadline: November, 6 / 17:00)
COMPULSORY AUDITION SONGS
A LIST /
THINK OF ME / THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA
SOMEONE LIKE YOU / JECKYLL & HYDE
GLITTER AND BE GAY / CANDIDE
MY MAN’S GONE NOW / PORGY AND BESS
B LIST /
MAY BE THIS TIME / CABARET
ALL THAT JAZZ / CHICAGO
DON’T RAIN ON MY PARADE / FUNNY GIRL
C LIST /
THERE ARE WORSE THINGS I COULD DO/ GREASE
I DREAMED A DREAM / LES MISERABLES
A LIST /
MARIA / WEST SIDE STORY
STRANGER IN PARADISE / KISMET
EDELWEISS / THE SOUND OF MUSIC
SOME ECHANTED EVENING / SOUTH PACIFIC
OL’ MAN RIVER / SHOW BOAT
I GOT PLENTY O’ NUTTIN’ / PORGY AND BESS
B LIST /
CLOSE EVERY DOOR / JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT
THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM / MAN OF LA MANCHA
C LIST /
GREASED LIGHTNING / GREASE
BRING HIM HOME / LES MISERABLES
EMPTY CHAIRS AT EMPTY TABLES / LES MISERABLES
B- DANCE AUDITIONS
Pre-eliminations for Bilkent undergraduate, graduate and MSSF students: November 11
Place: Bilkent Concert Hall Time: 17.30-20.30 Reservation: See Zehra Cinel to schedule time. (Deadline: November, 6 /17:00)
1) All applicants will be required to perform at most 1 minute long choreographic piece that they prepared for the jury. (Preferrably modern, jazz or latin and ballroom dancing; pieces including latin and ballroom dancing movements can also be performed individually).
2)Songs chosen for personal performances should be brought along on the audition day. It can be brought in CD, flash disk or any device which has mp3 player (iPod, smart phone etc.). Applicants who will not have their songs with them can not attend to this part of the audition.
3) Other than the personal performances, applicants will be asked to learn and perform the short movement combinations and a dance piece which will be shown by the choreographers of this project.