Congratulations on your acceptance to Bilkent University. You have taken an important step towards adding an international dimension to your education.
Registration for the 2018-2019 academic year will take place 10 – 12 September 2018 at the Bilkent University Main Campus Sports Hall.
Documents Required for Registration
- Photocopies of the passport pages including, a) identification information, b) stamp of the latest entry date to Turkey, and for students from countries which are not exempt from the visa requirement to enter Turkey, c) visa issued by the Turkish Consulate in home country.
Students, who live in Turkey, must submit a photocopy of their residence permit.
Students, who have a diplomatic ID or a “Blue Card”, must submit the photocopy of these documents.
- For students, who will be under the age of 18 at the time of registration to the university; you are required to provide an official “Letter of Parental Consent” (‘Muvaffakatname’ in Turkish) given by the parents living abroad and their Birth Certificate. Your parents should issue the letter of consent and the birth certificate in your home country. They are required to state that they allow you to travel to Turkey, reside and study in Turkey in the letter of consent. The letter of consent and the birth certificate must be apostilled and have Turkish translations certified by a notary attached. If apostille convention is not available in your home country, the documents must be approved either by the Turkish Consulate or Ministry of Foreign Affairs in your home country.This is a mandatory task, when students will be applying for an education residence permit right after they register to Bilkent University.
- Five biometric photographs (taken in the last 6 months, with a plain white background)
- Original high school diploma and transcript.
- The “Equivalency Certificate” of high school
This certificate verifies that the high school diploma is equivalent to a Turkish high school diploma.
Before leaving for Turkey, the student can obtain this certificate from the Turkish Consulate in her/his home country OR after the student arrives, from the Ministry of National Education of the Republic of Turkey at the following address:
Ankara İl Milli Eğitim Müdürlüğü
İ Blok Kültür Bölümü Beşevler, Ankara
Phone: +90 312 212 4642To apply for the equivalency certificate, students must submit their original high school diploma (for GCE students minimum three Advanced Level subjects in particular area of the applied program with at least “D” grade) and a transcript listing all of the courses taken in high school including the grades and credit hours for each, accompanied by a translation in English or Turkish.
- Original exam score sheets (SAT, GCE Advanced Level, TQDK, etc.) are required if uploaded during application.
Official SAT scores must be sent to Bilkent University directly from the College Board (Code – 9877).
Bilkent University reserves the right to verify the validity of exam scores.
- English Language Proficiency exam score sheets (IELTS/TOEFL) must be sent to Bilkent University directly from the related institutions.
- Tuition fee payment receipt. Students must pay their fall semester tuition fee before the registration.
- Print out of the official ‘Acceptance Letter’ sent to you by the University.
Please note: If the documents listed above are in a language other than English or Turkish, students must provide a translation by a certified translator along with the copy of the original document.
To learn more —> 2018-2019 Academic Year Registration Guide