Bilkent University welcomes you with GE 100 Orientation, a course that celebrates your entrance into the Bilkent University community and introduces you to your new surroundings.
GE 100 Orientation is designed as a program that will assist you in a variety of ways as you begin university life here, with the ultimate purpose of helping you reach your goals and expectations during your studies at our University.
During the four-day program, you will be able to learn a great deal about Bilkent University, campus life, the city of Ankara, and Turkish culture.
You will also be able to socialize with members of the Bilkent community, and will have the opportunity to explore the campus, dormitories, classroom buildings, and sports centers.
We wish you all possible success and happiness during your time as a Bilkent University student!
After successfully completing your studies to this point, you are now at university. Since this is a new beginning, you might have some
questions in mind:
- What does it mean, being a university student?
- Why are you at Bilkent University?
- What kinds of services and opportunities are available at Bilkent University?
- What is campus life like at Bilkent University?
- What are the main features of Turkish culture?
GE 100 Orientation will help you find the answers to these questions.
- GE 100 Orientation is a one-credit course, which all students are required to take.
- The program includes 10 activities, which are worth 1 or 2 points each.
- Your GE 100 course grade is based on the points you accumulate by participating in these activities: you will receive a grade according to your total points, as indicated in the table below.
|Total Points for Activities Completed||Grade (Letter)||Grade (Numerical Equivalent)|