2.2.1. Students who have exceeded 16 points due to violation of traffic rules during their studies at University and other drivers on campus who have exceeded 16 points at any given time (irrespective of a time period) are suspended from driving on campus for three months (summer and semester breaks are excluded in the calculation). The suspension is extended by one week for every extra violation point when drivers exceed 16 violation points. During this period the driver’s priveleges (barrier cards, etc.) related to driving on University campus are cancelled. This information is sent to the Faculty/School Head and the permanent address of the driver in writing and via e-mail to the driver.
PENALTIES FOR VIOLATION OF TRAFFIC RULES AND REGULATIONS
1- Parking rule violations:
· Intersection parking rule violation 6 POINTS
· The penalty for the violation of parking rules is duplicated for every extra hour.
2- Speed limit violations:
· Exceeding the speed limit by 50% 6 POINTS
· Exceeding the speed limit between 51% and 100% 8 POINTS
· Exceeding the speed limit by 100% 12 POINTS
3- Driving in the opposite direction 6 POINTS
4- Failure to obey pedestrians’ right-of-way 4 POINTS
5- Dangerous driving 6 POINTS
6- Causing environmental and noise pollution 4 POINTS
7- Failure to wear a safety belt and a helmet 3 POINTS
8- Talking on the cell phone while driving 3 POINTS
9- Disrespectful and reckless driving 4 POINTS
10- Failure to obey right-of-way rules at the intersections 4 POINTS
11- Drinking and driving 40 POINTS
12- Causing accidents:
· Causing extensive property damage 4 POINTS
· Causing injury in a traffic accident. Depending on the fault of the driver and the severity of the accident, violation points ranging from 8 – 20 points apply. The assessment regarding violation points that will apply is carried out by the Security and Civil Defence Office Preventive Security Unit.
13- Failure to obey traffic signs: Depending on the severity of the action, violation points ranging from 2 – 8 points apply. The assessment regarding violation points that will apply is carried out by the Security and Civil Defence Office Preventive Security Unit.