The Health Centers, located on the Main and East Campuses, provide health services to students and personnel. The services are provided for all Bilkent University students. The Health Centers offer the services of a neurologist, general practitioners, gynecologists, ophthalmologists, psychiatrists, a dermatologist, an orthopedist, a dentist, a radiologist, an ENT specialist, and nurses, emergency medical technicians and a paramedic.
The Centers have two in-house laboratories for immediate medical analysis such as blood count, urine analysis, blood chemistry and a unit for X-Ray and ultrasonographic examinations. A physician and a nurse are both on duty at the Health Centers in the Main and East Campuses 24 hours a day, including weekends. In case of emergencies, there is an ambulance accompanied by Health Center’s doctors, on duty 24 hours a day to take patients, to hospitals in Ankara.
- Prevention against contagious diseases
- Medical examinations and first aid treatment
- Supervision of patients’ recovery in certain cases and provision of relevant medical services
- Conducting research into the environmental health conditions on campus and reporting the results to the university administration
- Health education programs to students and staff on general medical and health issues and first aid (providing certificates for the first aid education by the government health authorities)
Applying to the Health Center
The Health Center is the first place that students get in contact in the event of illness or injury. Initial treatment or first aid would be carried out at the Health Center and, if necessary, the patient may be referred to a specialist or hospital which has an agreement with the University.
The Health Mutual Aid Fund
Every student registering at Bilkent becomes a member of the Health Mutual Aid Fund which provides financial support to the Health Center. The Fund pays for routine medical services for students.
On Campus Pharmacy
Ömür Eczanesi, Next to the Main Campus Health Center, 03122901483
- Health Center Student Medical Report Guidelines
Health Centers Contact Information
Main Campus: 0312 2901666
East Campus: 0312 2905057
At all hours and in case of emergency: 0312266 40 50 or 0312266 40 51, ext. 6666
For Detailed Information: http://w3.bilkent.edu.tr/www/saglik-merkezi/