The Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design invite applications for appointment at the ranks of Assistant Professors. We seek to hire research-based positions. The medium of education at Bilkent University is English. The Faculty emphasizes cross-disciplinary approach to scholarship, design, and teaching. Faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly research, creative teaching, and service.
- Ph.D. degree in related fields (architecture, interior design/architecture)
- Strong research experience and publication record; publications in refereed/indexed international journals
- Strong portfolio (if applicable)
- Teaching experience
Candidates are also expected to be able to teach design studio courses.
The faculty at Bilkent University is comprised of an academic staff from around 40 different countries. Most of them were working in prominent universities in North America and Europe when they received offers from Bilkent University. According to ISI Citation Indexes, Bilkent ranks high in Turkey and internationally in number of published papers per faculty member. For more information about Bilkent University, please visit https://w3.bilkent.edu.tr/bilkent/ and Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design at www.iaed.bilkent.edu.tr.
To apply, please provide the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV
- Electronic copies of selected publications (these can be sent as attachments to the e-mail)
- Names and contact information (e-mail, telephone, mailing address) of three references
- Selected design projects or student work (if applicable)
The documents can be e-mailed or sent by mail.
Faculty of Art, Design and Architecture
06800 Ankara – TURKEY
Alternatively you may apply online through https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/staffapp/IAED2017