Assistant, Associate or Full Professor- Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design, Bilkent University
The Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design invites applications for appointment at the ranks of Assistant, Associate or Full Professors. We seek to hire research-based positions (permanent or visiting). The medium of education at Bilkent University is English. The Faculty emphasizes cross-disciplinary approach to scholarship, design, and teaching.
The Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design serves approximately 500 students whose professional development is supported by a diverse faculty with research strengths in areas such as: design methods, building science, sustainability, environmental psychology, computational design, and human-centered design. The Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design is committed to achieving Bilkent University distinction of a “Research-based University”.
- Ph.D. degree in related fields (architecture, interior design/architecture)
- Strong research experience and publication record in building science, sustainable technologies and design methods; publications in refereed/indexed international journals
- Strong research portfolio (including EU, H2020, Cost action projects etc.)
- Teaching experience
Candidates are expected to engage in scholarly research, teaching, and service to the department and university. Candidates are also expected to be able to teach design studio courses.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- Function effectively across disciplines integral to Interior Architecture and Design;
- Productively engage teaching and research in areas of sustainable technologies, computational design
- Productively pursue a robust funded research agenda;
- Productively engage the academic and professional communities;
- Make service contributions within the University, Faculty, Department, and the professional
The faculty at Bilkent University is comprised of an academic staff from around 40 different countries. Most of them were working in prominent universities in North America and Europe when they received offers from Bilkent University. According to ISI Citation Indexes, Bilkent ranks highly among the world, and is one of the top universities in Turkey in the number of published papers per faculty member. For more information about Bilkent University, please visit https://w3.bilkent.edu.tr/bilkent/ and Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design at www.iaed.bilkent.edu.tr.
To apply online please provide the following documents through https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/staffapp/IAED2017:
- Cover letter
- Detailed CV
- Electronic copies of selected publications (these can be sent as attachments to the e-mail)
- Names and contact information (e-mail, telephone, mailing address) of three references
- Selected design projects or student work (if applicable)