The Department of Graphic Design of Faculty of Art, Design, and Architecture at Bilkent University invites applications at all levels (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) for permanent or visiting positions.
Qualifications for the Practice-oriented Positions:
- MFA or preferably a Ph.D. degree in visual studies in one or more of the following areas: Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Typography/Type Design, Visual Communication, Game Design or related fields of studies.
- A portfolio demonstrating professional practice experience.
- Ability to teach studio courses. Candidates with prior university-level teaching experience will be preferred.
Qualifications for the Research-oriented positions:
- Ph.D. degree in visual studies in one or more of the following areas: art/design theory (history and philosophy), media studies, cultural criticism, aesthetics or related fields of studies.
- Research experience and publication record.
- Ability to teach a range of theoretical courses from the core department curriculum. Candidates with prior university-level teaching experience will be preferred.
Candidates for both positions are expected to actively engage in scholarly research, teaching, and service to the department, faculty, and university.
The faculty at Bilkent University is comprised of academic staff from around 40 different countries; most of them are from North American and European universities. According to ISI Citation Indexes, Bilkent ranks high not only in Turkey but also internationally in the number of published papers per faculty member.
For more information about Bilkent University, please visit w3.bilkent.edu.tr/bilkent/ and Department of Graphic Design at gra.bilkent.edu.tr/?lang=en
Applicants who meet the criteria above should submit a letter of intent, describing the focus of their current research and teaching activities, an updated CV, portfolio (required for practice-oriented applicants), sample articles from research-oriented applicants and three letters of recommendation through the online application system. https://stars.bilkent.edu.tr/staffapp/GRA2018
Additional materials may be requested later in the process. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and the review will continue until the position will be filled.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Faculty of Art, Design, and Architecture
06800 Ankara – TURKEY