Bilkent University provides a monetary award to graduate students who publish articles in professional journals in relation to their graduate studies, in an effort to promote the quality of their research. The guidelines for receiving the award are as follows:
- All Bilkent graduate students, irrespective of their scholarship status, are eligible for the award.
- A student may receive additional award payments for each and every subsequent article that may be published.
- The article must appear in a peer-reviewed journal listed in the ISI citation indexes. A list of these journals is available at this link:
- The article must be Bilkent-addressed, and must present the results of work carried out as a part of graduate study at Bilkent.
- A copy of the printed article must be submitted to the appropriate Institute for Graduate Study for consideration.To be eligible for the award, the applicant must be registered as a graduate student of Bilkent University at the time of this submission.
- A graduate student receives a portion of the total available award of $500 per publication, based on his or her share in authorship, and ranking of the journal in its field determined by TÜBİTAK-ULAKBİM (UBYT), at http://ulakbim.tubitak.gov.tr/tr/hizmetlerimiz/ubyt-yayin-tesvik-programi. Note that each journal is ranked by a support amount between 5000TL (highest ranked journals) and 500TL (lowest ranked journals). Publication awards are given to articles published in journals ranked from 5000TL to 1250TL. A graduate student’s share of the award is determined by the following formula: