Ethics Committee for research (experiments, field work, surveys) with human participants works under the Rector’s office and has the authority to grant or deny ethical approval to such projects.
Material to be submitted in an application:
- Bilkent Staff Ethics Form
- Bilkent Students Ethics Form
- Contents of the Informed Consent Form
- Statement for Experiments with Children
Please e-mail electronic versions of word processed application material (without signatures) to the committee to start the evaluation process. The commiteee may request clarifications/additions/changes in these documents before the approval can be given. These will be communicated to the applicant so that (s)he may make these amendments to the application. Paper copies of all final application material, (properly signed where indicated, and initialed on all other pages) should be sent to the committee soon afterwards.
Please contact Prof. Hitay Özbay email@example.com for committee related work.
Other Committee related material:
- Declaration of Helsinki (WMA)
- Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct (APA)
- Ethical Standards for Research with Children (SCRD)